Founder and director of Mysore Vienna, Barbara Süss, started to practice yoga and meditation in the year 2000. After 7 years of Hatha Yoga Practice and home practice she started with the practice of Ashtanga Yoga under the guidance of Rolf Naujokat in Goa – India. Since then, Barbara travels annually to India continuing her studies to immerse herself in the roots of this traditional yoga method. In 2010, Barbara met Sharath Jois. He is the current lineage holder of Ashtanga Yoga and grandson of Sri K. Patthabi Jois. In 2016, after many month long journeys to Mysore, she received her Gurus blessing to share the traditional Ashtanga Yoga method. Passionate about creating a space for healing and building community, Barbara opened a small Yoga Shala in Vienna.
A lovely community of dedicated practitioners from all over the world is organically growing. Barbara is teaching in German, Spanish and English.
"The core of Ashtanga, the daily come back onto the mat, the experience and acceptance of my mental and physical limits are aspects that strongly characterise me every day. I firmly believe in the therapeutic potential of yoga and my teaching is based on my own experience, sound training and knowledge, which is expanded through continuous further education and my daily practice. The ordinary, daily decisions about how I lead my life, that is my yoga. The eight folded Ashtanga path is my everyday life and regulates my handling with the world. Practice is my most honest form of healing, my tool for change and stability. Like a mirror that shows me ruthlessly and without filters who I am, how I stand and that reflects my daily actions. If I can encourage my students to get a little closer to their potential every day and to become more mindful, then that inspires me a lot. Much more than our abilities, it is our decisions that show who we really are. I work to cultivate serenity, to cultivate a loving relationship and to offer space where people can feel comfortable and work on themselves. ... There is still so much to do."
- 2000 Barbara startet to practice Yoga and Meditation
- 2007 Ashtanga Yoga, first teachers Rolf & Marci Naujokat in India
- 2010 till the present moment , Sharath Jois, Sharath Yoga Center Mysore India, former KPJAYI
- New York City 2011, London 2011, New York City 2012, London 2013, Copenhagen 2015, Copenhagen 2017, Sharath Jois Workshops
- 2012 Boulder, USA, Richard Freeman & Mary Taylor, Teacher Intensive
- 2013 Santa Fee, USA, Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor, advanced teacher Intensive
- 2017 till the present moment, Sharmila Desai, Morjim, India
- training, workshops and In-depth-studies with senior teachers John Scott, Mark Darby, David Garrigues
- During her monthlong stays in India, Barbara studies Sanskrit, Yoga Philosophy and traditional chanting with Sri M.A. Jayashree und Sri M.A. Narasimhan.
- Human Anatomy with special emphasis on yogamechanics with Akash K. C. at the APC Clinic (Advanced Physical Therapy)